- Do words have inherent power?
I absolutely believe so. The ancients did. To quote Terrance McKenna:
- If you use language in your practice, do you rhyme anything?
Sometimes I do. I always found echoes to be magical, and have been known to chant into a chasm to hear my words reflected back to me. Rhymes mimic the effect of an echo.
- Have you ever changed or altered someone else’s spell?
Yep. Not like I published the damn thing, but that’s what other people’s spells are for!
- Have you had someone ask you to do a spell for you?
Yes. Many times. I don’t always agree to do it, but I have. People ask for some stupid things sometimes and I am really not into sticking my neck out for stupid.
- Do you let people know that you are a witch?
To people important to me, I do. I want to be more out, but I am not the attention-getting type, and as it stands right now, I am closeted in my community to protect someone close to me from being ostracized, my father. He’s a pastor and it could actually land him and my mother on the streets if it were known.
- What is your favorite aspect of witchcraft?
Being my own boss.
- Do you perform divination?
Yes. I read Rarot, Runes, go into trance to get visions, automatic writing, and interpret dreams.
- If you use candles, do you use beewax, soy, paraffin, or some other type of material based candles?
Yes. I prefer beeswax and soy, but paraffin is plentiful. For really important things, I get the more expensive stuff.
- If you use candles, do you use ones you made, or ones that you bought?
- Do you worship anything at all?
I don’t like to call it worship, but some other people do. I honor, adore, and love my goddess.
- How are the five senses (Sight, Hearing, Touch, Taste, and Smelling) incorporated into your practices?
How are they NOT? I use tools, color, incense, food, music, the spoken word, the written word, symbols… The only way I would not use my senses in my magic is if I didn’t have them. If I were blind or deaf, for example.
- If you use representative symbols [colors, objects, sigils], what are your favorite?
The pentagram without a circle is my favorite symbol. It is a symbol to me of power, freedom from restriction/containment (as a circle is), of nature/the Elements, and of science. I do use the contained pentagram (circled), but on purpose to contain power.
- Do you know at least one method to break a curse or hex?
Yes. Several candle spells, a burial method, and the usual cleansing/uncrossing methods.
- Have you ever made a witches ladder?
Not yet. I’m in the planning stages of one, but it isn’t a traditional one.
- Have you ever looked into a witchcraft tradition and decided that it wasn’t for you?
I started off with Wicca. I like Wicca very much, but I don’t much care for the restriction.
- How do you feel about harvesting organs from animals?
I understand and condone it in a proper context done respectfully and for the right reasons. I personally have a phobia. This isn’t to say that a spirit isn’t nudging me, and I may be heading into the direction of preserving the skull of an animal who died of natural causes (storm-hit bird), but I’m very trepidatious about it.
- What is your opinion on using wood in witchcraft?
I like wood. A lot. I use a lot of wooden bowls and trays. I like wands and staffs. Sometimes groves need to be maintained by clearing sapplings. Sometimes an old tree needs to be cut down to keep it from falling and hurting something. Trees need to be pruned occasionally. Some trees happily will give a branch for a wand. I don’t believe in clear-cutting, but I have rescued a bit of wood that was a result of someone else clear-cutting.
- Do you make anything in your witchcraft?
It’s my favorite thing to do. I make candles, pouches, spell kits, jewelry, wands, and lots of other things.
- Have you ever created an egregore?
Egregore requires a group. I’ve created a servitor.
- Name the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about the worst spell you’ve done [worst meaning any way you take it]?
Be careful what you ask for.
If you reblog this, please keep the title of Witchcraft Survey attached. This is not a Pagan-specific survey, and it can be insulting to people who are Pagans but who are not witches.
I don’t want anyone upset or made to feel that they are unwelcome because of reblogging error. -Thanks Secular…